No action here just yet. I’ve signed up on WordPress because I’m planning to close down my existing blog, Family Life, and continue it here under a new name. The transition will happen on 25 May. See you here then!
Join 786 other followers
WP Bookblog Listing
- Overland 245 (ed Evelyn Araluen & Jonathan Dunk, Summer 2021) 15 August 2022Even though this issue of Overland was published half a year ago, I'm nearly up to date in my Overland-reading.
- Heat series 3 Number 3 (edited by Alexandra Christie 2022) 15 August 2022A third pocket-sized issue of the new series of Heat.
- Losing Face (George Haddad 2022) 14 August 2022I'm reading this for my Book Group.
- The Resort (Andy Siara 2022) 14 August 2022People in at least two time strands visit a resort in Mexico, and (possibly a spoiler) the streams get crossed. The female lead is pretty non-simpatica to begin with, but the show gets over that after a couple of episodes.
- The Dry (Nancy Harris 2022) 14 August 2022Not to be confused with the Eric Bana cop show, this features Roisin Gallagher as a dry alcoholic returning to her Irish home after years in England. She's not exactly welcome by her family and not exactly glad to be back.
- Overland 245 (ed Evelyn Araluen & Jonathan Dunk, Summer 2021) 15 August 2022
TagsABC Alison Croggon art Australian Women Writers Challenge children's literature comics David Brooks David Malouf doggerel editing Elizabeth McMahon First Nations history Jeff Sparrow Jennifer Maiden journals Marcel Proust memoir non-fiction Novel NSWPLA Overland Pam Brown phone photo poetry Quarterly Essay science fiction/fantasy Sydney Writers' Festival The School Magazine translation
- Ouyang Yu’s Terminally Poetic
- Two Flying Island pocket poets
- Les Murray’s Continuous Creation
- Bernadine Evaristo’s Girl, Woman, Other
- John Blay’s Wild Nature
- The Iliad: Progress report 8
- Journal Catch-up 14
- Peter Wohlleben’s Hidden Life of Trees at the book group
- Kit Kelen’s Poor Man’s Coat
- Sarah Krasnostein’s Not Waving, Drowning
- Charmian Clift’s Mermaid Singing
- A tiny footnote on Frank Moorhouse
- The Iliad: Progress report 7
- Honorée Fanonne Jeffers’ Love Songs of W E B Du Bois
- Kit Kelen’s Book of Mother