last Friday at Bondi Beach
poo still black today
shawjonathan on Journal Blitz 8b Lisa Hill on Journal Blitz 8b M-R on Not a mattress shawjonathan on Not a mattress M-R on Not a mattress Lisa Hill on Ruby Reads 25: Ursula K Le… shawjonathan on The Prelude Progress Report…
WP Bookblog Listing
- Sydney Spleen (Toby Fitch 2021) 3 August 2021Until recently Toby Fitch organised monthly poetry readings at Sappho's Bookshop in Glebe. This is his seventh collection of poems, but the first of his books that I have read.
- The Optimists (Michael Idov & Misha Shprits 2017) 2 August 2021A series abut theCold War from a Russian point of view. The first episode deals with the capture of Gary Powers, U-2 pilot, in 1960. It's proper television as opposed to correct-line narrative.
- Atypical, Season 4 (Robia Rashid 2021) 30 July 2021This is the final season. I'm finding Jennifer Jason Leigh's character hard to watch as she seems to be disintegrating physically before our eyes. Otherwise, it gets better and better.
- Meanjin Quarterly: The next 80 years, Volume 79 Issue 4 (ed. Jonathan Green 2020) 28 July 2021It's a long time since I've read a Meanjin. This one is making me regret that.
- Shadow Kingdon (Alma Har'el 2021) 25 July 2021A weirdly lit, weirdly shot, weirdly constructed showcase for Bob Dylan doing some weird revisionist versions of some mostly-early songs. Not a pleasant experience, more like a deliberately alienating one.
- Sydney Spleen (Toby Fitch 2021) 3 August 2021
TagsABC Alison Croggon art Australian Women Writers Challenge children's literature comics David Brooks David Malouf doggerel editing Elizabeth McMahon First Nations history Jeff Sparrow Jennifer Maiden journals Marcel Proust memoir non-fiction Novel NSWPLA Overland Pam Brown phone photo poetry Quarterly Essay science fiction/fantasy Sydney Writers' Festival The School Magazine translation
- Journal Blitz 8b
- Not a mattress
- Ruby Reads 25: Ursula K Le Guin
- The Prelude Progress Report 1
- 500 people: Weeks 21–23
- Next-door-to-Marrickville mattress poetry
- Growing up Aboriginal in Australia
- Richard Powers’ Overstory
- Journal Blitz 8a
- 500 people: Week Twenty
- **A new book**
- After Proust, the Prelude?
- 500 people: Week Nineteen
- Janice Galloway’s Trick Is to Keep Breathing at the Book Group
- Proust Progress Report 22: The end