The Marrickville Mattress Poet put in an appearance as part of the Marrickville Open Studio Trail on the weekend. This homage to Magritte was part of the Fairy Alley exhibition.
WP Bookblog Listing
- This Restless State (Jesse Fox 2018) 15 March 2018A one man show in the theatre where we saw So Many Reasons, and produced by the same company ('Fuel') as it and The Barbershop Chronicles. A young, charming out of work actor, playing himself, in post-Brexit-vote Britain contemplates a grim future, but the play takes us back to Berlin in 1989 and forward to Italy in the 2060s and the evening becom […]
- Black Panther and the Crew (mainly Ta-Nehisi Coates and Scott Hanna 2017) 9 March 2018This is the second of my Black Panther purchases. I wish I had realised that these are not the main body of Ta-Nehisi Coates's revival of the old Marvel character.
- Restoration (Rose Tremain 1989) 8 March 2018Another book from the Street Library that I've taken on my travels with the intention of discarding it once I've enjoyed it.
- So Many Reasons (Racheal Ofori 2017) 8 March 2018A brilliant one woman piece of theatre, a coming of age story, very graphic and funny about navigating sexual mores from immigrant Ghanaian community to millennial raunch. One of the delights for me was that three big men sat in the middle of the front row and enjoyed the show hugely, all three standing to applaud enthusiastically when Ms Ofori took her fina […]
- Black Panther: World of Wakanda (Roxane Gay, Alitha E Martinez and others 2017) 7 March 2018Inspired by the movie, I've bought two Black Panther comics. The main story in this one is the origin story of two women warriors.
- This Restless State (Jesse Fox 2018) 15 March 2018
TagsABC Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Alex Ryan Alison Croggon art Australian Women Writers Challenge children's literature comics David Brooks David Malouf doggerel editing Gleebooks history Jeff Sparrow Jennifer Maiden journals non-fiction Novel NSWPLA Overland Pam Brown phone photo poetry Quarterly Essay science fiction/fantasy Sydney Writers' Festival The School Magazine translation Turkey
- Hearts in London, 4
- Roxane Gay, Ta-Nehisi Coates and others’ Black Panther
- Amitav Ghosh’s Flood of Fire
- Hearts in London, 3
- Hearts in London, 2
- Hearts in London, 1
- Overland 229
- Kathleen Jamie’s Bonniest Companie
- Lachlan Brown’s Lunar Inheritance
- Kate Middleton, Passage
- Kim Scott’s Taboo at the Book Group
- B R Dionysius’ Curious Noise
- Fiona Wright’s Domestic Interior
- Ed Brubaker’s Fatale
- Jennifer Maiden’s Appalachian Fall