The Marrickville Mattress Poet put in an appearance as part of the Marrickville Open Studio Trail on the weekend. This homage to Magritte was part of the Fairy Alley exhibition.
WP Bookblog Listing
- Book of Mother (Kit Kelen 2022) 21 May 2022I'm doing some mother-themed reading just now, and this newly published collection seems wight on topic.
- Heat series 3 Number 1 (edited by Alexandra Christie 2022) 21 May 2022It's a joy to see Heat coma back to life, albeit in a much smaller, more modest form.
- Netflix:The Lincoln Lawyer (David E Kelly 2022, from the books by Michael Connolly) 18 May 2022The is good, solid, unpretentious cops-and-lawyers fun.
- The Drover's Wife: The Legend of Molly Johnson (Leah Purcell 2022) 15 May 2022This is wonderful. Leah Purcell, wrote it, directed it and is on screen for almost every minute of it. It's moved a long way from Henry Lawson's short story that inspired it, but includes a sweet homage to his mother Louisa Lawson.
- Operation Mincemeat (John Madden 2021) 13 May 2022Not a great film, but a pleasant enough time in the picture theatre. The story itself, of a bizarre deceptive strategy that was crucial to the Allies' success in the war against Nazism, is fascinating.
- Book of Mother (Kit Kelen 2022) 21 May 2022
TagsABC Alison Croggon art Australian Women Writers Challenge children's literature comics David Brooks David Malouf doggerel editing Elizabeth McMahon First Nations history Jeff Sparrow Jennifer Maiden journals Marcel Proust memoir non-fiction Novel NSWPLA Overland Pam Brown phone photo poetry Quarterly Essay science fiction/fantasy Sydney Writers' Festival The School Magazine translation
- SWF 2022, my Thursday
- The Iliad: Progress report 5
- Journal Blitz 12
- Rebecca Huntley’s Italian Girl
- Michael Farrell’s Family Trees
- Abdulrazak Gurnah’s Afterlives at the Book Group
- Books read on the road
- Adam Aitken’s Revenants
- Ruby Reads 30: Billie B Brown
- NSW Premier’s Literary Awards shortlist
- The Iliad: Progress report 4
- The Reckoning by Jess Hill
- Archie Roach’s Tell Me Why
- Amanda Lohrey’s Vertigo
- Joe Sacco’s Palestine