An exciting bookmark: Re-enchantment, coming soon to abc.net.au/re-enchantment (the link isn’t dead, it’s just not live yet). It’s an interactive documentary about the hidden world of fairytales by Sarah Gibson. If you haven’t heard about it before, you heard about it first here.
WP Bookblog Listing
- Hampstead (Joel Hopkins 2017) 22 August 2017A truly terrible film. Possibly the best thing in it is that Diane Keaton looks her age. Brendon Gleeson also has a terrific face.
- The Good Fight (Michelle King & Robert King 2017) 20 August 2017Christine Baranski / Diane Lockhart is back. whoopee!
- Baby Driver (Edgar Wright 2017) 20 August 2017This is pretty much vehicle ballet, with added guns. I loved it.
- The Last Days of Jeanne d'Arc (Ali Alizadeh 2017) 15 August 2017Fresh from Giramondo.
- Below the Surface (Kasper Barfoed 2017) 15 August 2017SBS on Demand is an endless supply of excellent Scandinavian thrillers. This is a hostage drama where you really can't be sure the heroes will survive, or that dark secrets won't be revealed well before the end. The Danish title, Gidseltagningen, translates literally as Hostage Crisis
- Hampstead (Joel Hopkins 2017) 22 August 2017
TagsABC Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Alex Ryan Alison Croggon art Australian Women Writers Challenge children's literature comics David Brooks David Malouf doggerel editing Gleebooks history Jeff Sparrow Jennifer Maiden journals non-fiction Novel NSWPLA Overland Pam Brown phone photo poetry Quarterly Essay science fiction/fantasy Sydney Writers' Festival The School Magazine translation Turkey
- Alan Wearne’s Things Are Real
- Madeleine Thien and the Book Group Do Not Say We Have Nothing
- A fortnight in verse 4
- Jennifer Maiden’s Complicity
- A fortnight in verse 3
- A fortnight in verse 2
- Southerly 76/3
- A fortnight in verse 1
- Shevaun Cooley’s Homing
- Vincent and Neale’s Unstable Relations
- Topical verse
- The Book Group at Kevin Barry’s City of Bohane
- Cathy McLennan’s Saltwater
- Saga 7