The mining industry and their pals and puppets (I especially like the Popeye puppet) have already started their billion-dollar disinformation campaign about the Carbon Package unveiled yesterday. Thank god for GetUp! I’m about to send them some money. Here’s their modest but very clear video:
Join 786 other followers
WP Bookblog Listing
- A Hermitage in the South (Tony Butler 2006) 17 August 2022The history of a place and an institution where I spend three and a half years on the cusp of adulthood.
- Keep Breathing (Brendan Gall & Martin Gero 2022) 17 August 2022Melissa Barrera is on screen practically every moment in this tale of a buttoned-up corporate lawyer alone in the Alaskan wilderness. It's probably predictable to the point of cliché, whether she's freezing out a would-be office lover or dancing in delight when she manages to start a fire using her glasses and a pile of 100 dollar notes, but it […]
- Overland 245 (ed Evelyn Araluen & Jonathan Dunk, Summer 2021) 15 August 2022Even though this issue of Overland was published half a year ago, I'm nearly up to date in my Overland-reading.
- Heat series 3 Number 3 (edited by Alexandra Christie 2022) 15 August 2022A third pocket-sized issue of the new series of Heat.
- Losing Face (George Haddad 2022) 14 August 2022I'm reading this for my Book Group.
- A Hermitage in the South (Tony Butler 2006) 17 August 2022
TagsABC Alison Croggon art Australian Women Writers Challenge children's literature comics David Brooks David Malouf doggerel editing Elizabeth McMahon First Nations history Jeff Sparrow Jennifer Maiden journals Marcel Proust memoir non-fiction Novel NSWPLA Overland Pam Brown phone photo poetry Quarterly Essay science fiction/fantasy Sydney Writers' Festival The School Magazine translation
- Ouyang Yu’s Terminally Poetic
- Two Flying Island pocket poets
- Les Murray’s Continuous Creation
- Bernadine Evaristo’s Girl, Woman, Other
- John Blay’s Wild Nature
- The Iliad: Progress report 8
- Journal Catch-up 14
- Peter Wohlleben’s Hidden Life of Trees at the book group
- Kit Kelen’s Poor Man’s Coat
- Sarah Krasnostein’s Not Waving, Drowning
- Charmian Clift’s Mermaid Singing
- A tiny footnote on Frank Moorhouse
- The Iliad: Progress report 7
- Honorée Fanonne Jeffers’ Love Songs of W E B Du Bois
- Kit Kelen’s Book of Mother