.@LukeLPearson linked to this on Twitter. In the last couple of years Archie Roach has had a stroke and surgery for lung cancer. But cop this:
WP Bookblog Listing
- The Importance of Being Earnest (OScr Wilde, Anthony Asquith 1952) 24 May 2022This is still very funny. According to IMdB the director was the son of the man who as Home Secretary brought the ruinous charges of immorality against Oscar Wilde. Just one generation from that to this.
- Holding (Kathy Burke, from a novel by Graham Norton 2022) 23 May 2022An Irish policier with Conleth Hill as a village cop faced with a historical murder case. A couple of episodes in, it's quietly subverting conventional expectations.That is, it's getting harder to patronise the characters as one does in for example Midsomer Murders.
- Book of Mother (Kit Kelen 2022) 21 May 2022I'm doing some mother-themed reading just now, and this newly published collection seems wight on topic.
- Heat series 3 Number 1 (edited by Alexandra Christie 2022) 21 May 2022It's a joy to see Heat come back to life, albeit in a much smaller, more modest form.
- Netflix:The Lincoln Lawyer (David E Kelly 2022, from the books by Michael Connolly) 18 May 2022The is good, solid, unpretentious cops-and-lawyers fun.
- The Importance of Being Earnest (OScr Wilde, Anthony Asquith 1952) 24 May 2022
TagsABC Alison Croggon art Australian Women Writers Challenge children's literature comics David Brooks David Malouf doggerel editing Elizabeth McMahon First Nations history Jeff Sparrow Jennifer Maiden journals Marcel Proust memoir non-fiction Novel NSWPLA Overland Pam Brown phone photo poetry Quarterly Essay science fiction/fantasy Sydney Writers' Festival The School Magazine translation
- Jimmy Barnes’s Working Class Boy
- SWF 2022, my Sunday
- SWF 2022, my Thursday
- The Iliad: Progress report 5
- Journal Blitz 12
- Rebecca Huntley’s Italian Girl
- Michael Farrell’s Family Trees
- Abdulrazak Gurnah’s Afterlives at the Book Group
- Books read on the road
- Adam Aitken’s Revenants
- Ruby Reads 30: Billie B Brown
- NSW Premier’s Literary Awards shortlist
- The Iliad: Progress report 4
- The Reckoning by Jess Hill
- Archie Roach’s Tell Me Why