[Because the older version of this blog has become unreachable, I am retrieving at least occasional posts from it that I see people trying to click on. This is one from November 2008.]
WP Bookblog Listing
- Promising Young Woman (Emerald Fennell 2021) 21 April 2021It's hard to watch this film without thinking about the responses to allegations about Christian Porter's behaviour when he was a young man. I went in expecting a revenge film along the lines of Kill Bill. It's not that. Carey Mulligan is brilliant.
- A Thousand Crimson Blooms (Eileen Chong 2021) 21 April 2021Eileen Chong's new book of poems, Woo hoo!
- Everything Inside (Edwidge Danticat 2019) 21 April 2021A collection of short stories that I was given as a birthday present.
- New Theatre: The Removalists (David Williamson 1971) 20 April 2021Fifty years old this year, the play still worked. I saw it with an audience mostly made up of school students who presumably had read the text. Apart some inexplicable laughter, including during a George Floyd moment, it was a great audience to be part of. Directed by Johann Walraven with Laurence Coy turbo-powered as the Sergeant. Photo from New Theatre we […]
- Keeping Faith Season 2 (Matthew Hall 2019) 19 April 2021I still yearn for subtitles, but Eve Myles in the lead of this Welshdeserted-wife-lawyer-thriller is compelling.
- Promising Young Woman (Emerald Fennell 2021) 21 April 2021
TagsABC Alison Croggon art Australian Women Writers Challenge children's literature comics David Brooks David Malouf doggerel editing Elizabeth McMahon First Nations history Jeff Sparrow Jennifer Maiden journals Marcel Proust memoir non-fiction Novel NSWPLA Overland Pam Brown phone photo poetry Quarterly Essay science fiction/fantasy Sydney Writers' Festival The School Magazine translation
November 2008 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- The Book Group and David Williamson’s Removalists
- Laura Tingle’s High Road
- Jenny Blackford’s Fil and Harry
- Jennifer Maiden’s Cuckold and the Vampires
- 500 people: Week Nine
- Bitter Root One and Two
- Proust Progress Report 20: Getting to the point
- Kristen Lang’s Earth Dwellers
- 500 people: Week Eight
- 500 people: Week Seven
- Jeff Lemire’s Ascender Vol Three
- Colum McCann’s Apeirogon
- 500 people: Week Six
- 2021 NSW Premier’s Literary Awards shortlist
- Jess Hill, See What You Made Me Do