If you have no other pressing engagement at 3 o’clock in the afternoon on 29 October, or on 3 November, or both, you might do worse than listen to Poetica on the ABC. Poetica is broadcast every week at those times, but that particular program will include a reading of one of my poems, and I couldn’t be more thrilled. Beyond that, all I know is that the program is entitled Hearing.
WP Bookblog Listing
- Bel Canto (Ann Patchett 2002) 22 April 2018The logical book to read after Ann Patchett's Truth and Beauty would be Lucy Grealy's Autobiography of a Face, but travel imposes limitations, and this earlier book by Ann Patchett is in our luggage, so it's the one.
- Truth and Beauty: A Friendship (Ann Patchett 2004) 19 April 2018This comes highly recommended by my recommender-in-chief.
- All the Birds, Singing (Evie Wyld 2013) 16 April 2018A book club book.
- Netflix: Come Sunday (Joshua Marston 2018) 13 April 2018Chiwetel Ejiofor in the true story of an African American Bishop who came to believe – and to preach – that hell does not exist. Amazing to watch a film that at its heart is about theology!
- This Water: Five Tales (Beverly Farmer (2017) 10 April 2018From Giramondo.
- Bel Canto (Ann Patchett 2002) 22 April 2018
TagsABC Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Alex Ryan Alison Croggon art Australian Women Writers Challenge children's literature comics David Brooks David Malouf doggerel editing Gleebooks history Jeff Sparrow Jennifer Maiden journals non-fiction Novel NSWPLA Overland Pam Brown phone photo poetry Quarterly Essay science fiction/fantasy Sydney Writers' Festival The School Magazine translation Turkey
- Caminho de Tiago, Day 3
- Caminho Portuguès, Day 2
- Caminho Portuguès, Day 1
- Evie Wyld’s All the Birds, Singing
- Beverley Farmer’s This Water
- Nos ossos
- China Miéville’s Scar
- Rose Tremain’s Restoration
- Hearts in London, 4
- Roxane Gay, Ta-Nehisi Coates and others’ Black Panther
- Amitav Ghosh’s Flood of Fire
- Hearts in London, 3
- Hearts in London, 2
- Hearts in London, 1
- Overland 229