If you have no other pressing engagement at 3 o’clock in the afternoon on 29 October, or on 3 November, or both, you might do worse than listen to Poetica on the ABC. Poetica is broadcast every week at those times, but that particular program will include a reading of one of my poems, and I couldn’t be more thrilled. Beyond that, all I know is that the program is entitled Hearing.
Jim KABLE on Vale Bruce Dawe Lisa Hill on Vale Bruce Dawe shawjonathan on Peter Hartcher’s Red… shawjonathan on Peter Hartcher’s Red… Lisa Hill on Peter Hartcher’s Red… Jim KABLE on Peter Hartcher’s Red… whisperinggums on The Book Group and Trent Dalto…
WP Bookblog Listing
- Sodome et Gomorrhe I (Marcel Proust 1920) 30 March 2020Five pages a day, I'm starting the fourth book.
- Red Flag (Quarterly Essay 76, Peter Hartcher 2019) 30 March 2020Subtitled, 'Waking up to China's challenge', this is a message from the pre Covid-19 universe.
- Gideon Falls Volume 3: Stations of the Cross (Jeff Lemire and others 2019) 29 March 2020Now we have some idea of what's going on in this beautifully rendered, ingeniously told horror serial. Definitely not my cup of tea, but I can see why horror fans might love it.
- Gideon Falls Volume 2: Original Sins (Jeff Lemire and others 2019 29 March 2020The story continues. Catholicism and horror and 'mental ilness'. Not my cup of tea, but well done.
- Gideon Falls Volume 1: The Black Barn (Jeff Lemire and others 2019) 29 March 2020So much reading time and so many Significant Books on my TBR shelf, but this and its sequels were birthday presents, and I have a duty to read them quickly so the giver can have them soon.
- Sodome et Gomorrhe I (Marcel Proust 1920) 30 March 2020
TagsABC Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Alison Croggon art Australian Women Writers Challenge children's literature comics David Brooks David Malouf doggerel editing Elizabeth McMahon history Jeff Sparrow Jennifer Maiden journals Judith Beveridge memoir non-fiction Novel NSWPLA Overland Pam Brown phone photo poetry Quarterly Essay science fiction/fantasy Sydney Writers' Festival The School Magazine translation
- Vale Bruce Dawe
- Peter Hartcher’s Red Flag
- The Book Group and Trent Dalton’s Boy Swallows Universe
- Lemire & Sorrentino’s Gideon Falls
- Philip Pullman's Secret Commonwealth
- NSW Premier’s Literary Awards short list announced
- Proust Progress Report 7: more about the Guermantes
- Clive James’s Gate of Lilacs
- G K Chesterton’s Incredulity of Father Brown
- Diane Menghetti’s Red North
- Ruby Reads 18: buckets from the stream
- Jeff Lemire and others’ Black Hammer vols 3 & 4
- Annabel Crabb’s Men at Work
- Ruby Reads (17): Mardi Gras