We haven’t seen much of the Sydney Festival this year, but last Friday we managed to go to see Mirazozo at the Opera House forecourt. It’s an inflated structure, a luminarium, which you can wander about inside for 20 minutes. It only costs $10, or less if you’re in a group of four or more.
WP Bookblog Listing
- Belvoir: Ghosts (Henrik Ibsen 1882) 15 October 2017This is wonderful theatre. Ibsen is something wonderful. Eamon Flack's director's program note says this production isn't set in 1881, but in a room that hasn't changed since 1881. Like Tony Abbot's mind. The sarcasm of that note is nowhere to be seen in the production, but it's accurate anyhow. Pamela Rabe is brilliant in a ver […]
- Descender Vol 2: Singularities (Jeff Lemire, Dustin Nguyen and others 2016) 14 October 2017If you think the image of Tim-21 looks evil on the cover of Volume 3, you're right. But how can this be? I'm reading on.
- Descender Vol 2: Machine Moon (Jeff Lemire, Dustin Nguyen and others 2016) 14 October 2017The space opera continues and the plot thickens, predictably but satisfyingly.
- Velvet Vol 3: The Man Who Stole the World (Ed Brubaker, Steve Epting and others 2016) 12 October 2017Another dog walk, the final installation of this well-oiled international espionage machine.
- Velvet Vol 2: The Secret Lives of Dead Men (Ed Brubaker, Steve Epting and others 2014) 12 October 2017So much else I should be doing, but how to resist this when it takes a single dog walk to read?
- Belvoir: Ghosts (Henrik Ibsen 1882) 15 October 2017
TagsABC Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Alex Ryan Alison Croggon art Australian Women Writers Challenge children's literature comics David Brooks David Malouf doggerel editing Gleebooks history Jeff Sparrow Jennifer Maiden journals non-fiction Novel NSWPLA Overland Pam Brown phone photo poetry Quarterly Essay science fiction/fantasy Sydney Writers' Festival The School Magazine translation Turkey
- The rest of Ed Brubaker’s Velvet
- Velvet and Descender begin
- Subbed In’s first books
- Boori Monty Prior & Jan Ormerod Shake a Leg
- Keigo Higashino’s Salvation of a Saint
- My mother and the non-binding, non-compulsory postal survey on same-sex marriage
- To Be Honest in Bankstown
- The Book Group and China Miéville’s October
- Benjamin Law’s Moral Panic 101
- Nicola Knox’s Green Light Running
- Ali Alizadeh’s Last Days of Jeanne d’Arc
- Jennifer Maiden’s George and Clare, the Baby and the Bikies
- Australian Poetry Journal 7:1, Skin
- Jennifer Maiden’s George and Clare and the Grey Hat Hacker
- Overland 226