Local objection to the proposed Woolworths for Annandale has taken an artistic turn. Riffing on The Independent Weekly‘s ‘Fighting the Woolly mammoth’ headline, versions of this charmingly dynamic poster have been turning up in shop windows.
Join 692 other followers
WP Bookblog Listing
- STC: RGB: Of Many, One (Suzie Miller 2022) 26 November 2022Photo of Heather Mitchell from the STC websiteHeather Mitchell is a marvel in this one-woman play about the life of Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Antidisturbios (Riot Police) ( Isabel Peña & Rodrigo Sorogoyen 2020) 25 November 2022A brilliant 6-episode series featuring a squad of riot police caught up in violence and investigated for manslaughter.
- She Said (Maria Schrader 2022) 20 November 2022A terrific movie about the journalists who broke the big story about Harvey Weinstein. It couldn't have been made without the success of Spotlight, but it's a very different movie. In particular I love the way it made us see the places and communities in which it happened, mainly many faces and localities of New York City.
- Southerly Vol 79 Nº 3: The Way We Live Now (edited by Melissa Hardie and Kate Lilley 2022) 20 November 2022A special digital issue of Sydney literary journal Southerly, available as a free download. (Click on image to the left for Southerly's website.) The cover illustration is from aseries ofphotographs with the title 'Matchbox Sonnets' – implicitly inviting us to count the matches.
- Shetland, series 6 (with characters created by Ann Cleeves, 2021) 20 November 2022Douglas Henshall is back as the endlessly watchable, melancholy Jimmy Perez in stunningly beautiful Shetland – pity about the murders. This season begins with the burial of Jimmy's mother, at which he recites a Maya Angelou poem. Of the two Ann Cleeves characters getting a big run on TV, the man, Jimmy, is deeply embedded in relationships while the wom […]
- STC: RGB: Of Many, One (Suzie Miller 2022) 26 November 2022
TagsABC Alison Croggon art Australian Women Writers Challenge children's literature comics David Brooks David Malouf doggerel editing Elizabeth McMahon First Nations history Jeff Sparrow Jennifer Maiden journals Marcel Proust memoir non-fiction Novel NSWPLA Overland Pam Brown phone photo poetry Quarterly Essay science fiction/fantasy Sydney Writers' Festival The School Magazine translation
- November Verse 11: In the sauna
- November Verse 10: Pictures and words
- A Launch
- November Verse 9: Shouting at my phone
- November Verse 8: Graupel
- November Verse 7: Demo
- November Verse 6: Eclipse
- Middlemarch: Progress report 1
- November Verse 5: Active Seniors
- November Verse 4
- Ian McEwan’s Lessons: page 75
- November Verse 3
- November Verse 2: Swimming with a two-year-old
- November Verse 1: On quitting Twitter
- Stephen Edgar’s Strangest Place